Brain and Spine Center
Brain and Spine Center at Rockford
Health System combines neurology, neurosurgery
and physical medicine and rehabilitation in one location. Rockford Health System has outstanding neurologists and neurosurgeons, to provide the most sophisticated, state-of-the-art care possible for stroke; seizure disorders; craniospinal trauma; movement disorders, such as Parkinson's Disease and Tremor; Multiple Sclerosis; Migraine headaches; Balance disorders; spinal problems, such as disc herniations, spine tumors and arthritis; and nerve and memory disorders, such as Alzheimer's.
Consultation, support and treatment for children and families struggling with development and learning disabilities; Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity; and Communications Disorders including Autism, are also offered.
The Brain and Spine Center is located in the Rockford Medical Building at 2350 N. Rockton Avenue. For more information, call (815) 971-7600.
The Neurology Department is lead by physicians,
Malgorzata Bach, M.D.; Mohsin
Khan, M.D.; Archana Shrivastava, M.D.;
and Jonathan O'Neil, M.D.
A variety of services and tests are available.
For a list of links to other Web site with information on neurological conditions, click here.
Neurology services available in the Brain and Spine Center include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of neurological disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Sleep Disorders
- Primary outpatient neurological care at the Brain and Spine Center in the Rockford Medical Building and inpatient consultation at Rockford Memorial Hospital.
- Electroencepholography (EEG)
- Video EEG
- Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Studies (EMG/NCS)
- Needle Muscle Biopsy
- Skin Punch Biopsy
- Botox Injections
- Visual Evoked Responses (CTA)
- Selective Cases (trigger point injections, lumbar puncture, occipital nerve blocks)
Through Rockford Memorial Hospital Access:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
- Magnetic Resonance Venography (MRV)
- CT Angiography (CTA)
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Arterial Studies (eg carotid ultrasound)
- PET Scan
- Laboratory Access
The Neurosurgery Department is lead
by Bratislav Velimirovic, M.D., Ph.D.
Our neurosurgeons are the only ones
in the region to offer complex,
state-of-the art stroke interventions
and minimally invasive spine procedures
for neck and back pain.
division provides general neurosurgical
Medicine and Rehabilitation
and Rehabilitation is lead by Andrew Vo,
M.D. He evaluates and treats
patients age 16 and over who have
medical problems related to the spine.