Aquatic therapy has
become a popular form of therapy for
children, parents and therapists.
The water is a natural motivator
and allows children to become more aware
of their bodies, their movements and
goals are determined based on
evaluations performed on land and carry
over to the child’s daily life.
Goals of aquatic therapy may
- Decreasing pain
- Increasing functional mobility
- Improving posture, balance and
- Improving sensory feedback and
- Encouraging vocalization and
- Increasing strength and
- Improving range of motion
- Promoting relaxation
- Managing muscle tone
more information, call (815) 971-5022.