Rock River Region Emergency Medical Services (RRREMS)
The Rock River Region EMS network provides training and resources for area emergency medical workers at over 60 agencies in 40 regional communities. This partnership helps bring more qualified emergency medical response services to many small communities that would not otherwise have the skills or financial resources to administer these services on their own.
The RRREMS Staff provides comprehensive training in basic and advanced life support services to area firefighters, police officers, paramedics and other EMS education staff throughout the region. RRREMS is recognized as a :
- National Registry Training and Testing Site
- Critical Care Paramedic Training Site
- International Trauma Life support Training and Regional Faculty site
- American Heart Association training site for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Basic Life Support (BLS), Health care Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, and Community Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated Defibrillation (CPR-AED)
- Extrication and Incident Command Training
- Regional Outreach Education to over 70 agencies in 12 counties in EMS Region 1
- DUI / Mock Prom/ Safety courses – programs to over 3,000 students in the region annually
Rock River Emergency Communications (RockCom)
RockCom coordinates emergency responses throughout the region by dispatching and paging trauma services, ambulances, fire services, disaster services and the REACT air medical / critical care ground programs.
Since its inception in 1987, its goals have included providing quality educational opportunities, fostering team work, and building an integrated emergency communication network Rockford Memorial Hospital’s emergency services programs. The emergency Communication Specialists face daily challenges and additional responsibility as emergency services transport systems expand and change and volumes increase. The communication center handles over 20,000 different types of calls, dispatches, pages, and communications task every year. The Communication specialists are all certified emergency medical dispatchers (EMD) and have over 100 years combined emergency services experience.
RockCom is also recognized by the REACT CAMTS accreditation for its role in the safety of aircraft and critical care ground operations.